What will the person in this role be doing?
We are looking for a Senior level Engineer to be a key member of the engineering team, helping us to improve and scale our existing architecture and systems. This position will report directly to the VP of Engineering.
What skills and tools will be utilized in this role?
- Be the go-to expert in one area of the codebase; understand the broad architecture of the entire system.
- Provide technical advice and weigh in on technical decisions that impact other teams or the company at large.
- Take initiative to identify and solve important problems, coordinate with others on cross-cutting technical issues.
- Identify and proactively tackle technical debt before it grows into debt that requires significant up-front work to resolve.
- Set direction at the project/service level and consistently influence decision-making at the Pillar level.
- Make others better through code reviews, thorough documentation, technical guidance and mentoring.
- Understand the tradeoffs between technical, analytical, and product needs and leads to solutions that take all of these needs into account.
- Identify and propose strategies around technical problems affecting their team, communicates standards and gets buy-in on solutions.
- Understand and evangelizes our development philosophies: Distributed Systems, SaaS; Domain Driven Design; Event-Based Architecture; Code maintainability, SOLID Principles; Don’t overengineer the solution; Discuss and learn from failure
- Previous experience and familiarity with our technology stack: Java 8, Spring Boot
AngularJS, ReactJS; SQL (MySQL, PostgreSQL) and NoSQL (DynamoDB, Redis); Search and analytics (Apache Solr, Elasticsearch); AWS (EC2, RDS, SWF, S3); Messaging (SQS, SNS, RabbitMQ); Integration/ETL frameworks (Apache NiFi, Spring Batch/Integration); Rule Systems (Drools); Continuous delivery (Elastic Beanstalk, CircleCI, Terraform, Ansible)
Experienced Individual Contributor
Competitive salary & stock options, health benefits and other awesome employee perks!