What will the person in this role be doing?
Our Engineering team is lean, yet effective. As the Director of Engineering you will helping us to develop and deploy new strategies for building a high velocity, high performance and high quality development organization. This position will report directly to the VP of Engineering.
What skills and tools will be utilized in this role?
- Collaborate across functional areas to define, prioritize, and ensure implementation of specific innovations to improve technical functionality in support of business needs, efficiencies, and revenue.
- Able to communicate technical concepts to business stakeholders as well as communicate business objectives to the technical team.
- Leverages past experience and uses strong communication skills to collaborate effectively with all stakeholders including customers, senior management, and other business leaders.
- Capable of jumping in to help debug and triage critical systems as needed.
- Proactively nurtures the talent of the senior staff in their areas.
- Builds and supports high functioning, motivated teams.
- Supports technical innovation and leads the creation, continual refinement, and active enforcement of our development standards.
- Fosters an organization that understands how to balance technical debt with business goals.
- Contributes to architectural direction by asking the right questions to ensure architecture matches business needs for the area.
- Develops and deploys new strategies for building a high velocity, high performance, and high quality development organization.
- Understands and evangelizes our development philosophies: Distributed Systems, SaaS; Domain Driven Design; Event-Based Architecture; Code maintainability, SOLID Principles; Don’t overengineer the solution; Discuss and learn from failure.
- Previous experience and familiarity with our technology stack: Java 8, Spring Boot
AngularJS, ReactJS; SQL (MySQL, PostgreSQL) and NoSQL (DynamoDB, Redis); Search and analytics (Apache Solr, Elasticsearch); AWS (EC2, RDS, SWF, S3); Messaging (SQS, SNS, RabbitMQ); Integration/ETL frameworks (Apache NiFi, Spring Batch/Integration); Rule Systems (Drools); Continuous delivery (Elastic Beanstalk, CircleCI, Terraform, Ansible)
Experienced Individual Contributor
Competitive salary & stock options, health benefits and other awesome employee perks!