What will the person in this role be doing?
The Brazen St Louis Executive Director will be responsible for leading all efforts related to fundraising, programs, marketing, recruitment and collaboration within the St Louis startup community. The Executive Director will stand as a beacon of women’s entrepreneurship advancement in the region and must be able to represent Brazen as a public-facing figure in the general community, as well as to the women that we serve, and as a thought leader in the region on the topics of gender parity as related to women-owned/led businesses. The Executive Director will grow Brazen’s presence within the community and engage women entrepreneurs who are looking for resources to grow their business and an organization that identifies with the challenges they face.
This position reports directly to the Brazen St Louis Board of Directors and works closely with the Board to accomplish the organization’s mission. The ED is responsible for managing the Brazen St Louis office with full P&L responsibilities and oversight, including
• Revenue generation including fundraising (grants, sponsorships, donations) and fee-for-service (memberships and events)
• Program Management
• Organizational Management
• Collaboration with the Brazen Global network
What skills and tools will be utilized in this role?
• Bachelor’s degree in related field, Master’s degree preferred
• 7-10 years of progressively responsible experience in a high-profile organization with substantive leadership responsibility
• 5+ years of experience in development or fundraising, including direct solicitation of 5-figure gifts or sponsorships
• 5+ years of experience in building and managing staff to meet goals related to building and expanding corporate relationships and partnerships
• 5+ years of experience in program management, including design and implementation
• Experience with philanthropy and sponsorship models
• Understanding of community entrepreneurial ecosystem and proven track record of collaboration and building relationships
• General understanding of the business evolutionary life-cycle (from start-up to growth to exit) and a proven ability to convene experts and thought leaders to speak, mentor or consult on the myriad of topics therein
• Dedication to gender parity and passion for learning new research-based findings on related issues and solutions
• Ability to thrive as an innovator within a framework; experience and success in settings that are dynamic and “startup” in nature
• Excellent communication skills, ability to engage people of all backgrounds and confidence to reach out proactively without any prior relationship
• Likeability, coachability and openness to new ways of innovation
$75,000 – $100,000 (commensurate with experience)