What will the person in this role be doing?
• Conference Coordination
• The main duty of this role is to annually manage the full life cycle of two events: Startup Connection (www.startupconnection.org) and InvestMidwest (www.investmidwestforum.com).
• For each event, manage the planning of the event and all communication with event board members, key stakeholders in the St. Louis and Kansas City areas, sponsors, and attendees towards the completion of successful events
• Procure and select event-related vendors and facilities in conjunction with other staff
• Develop work plans and manage to timelines for activities
• Work with Event Director, advisory boards, and partners to plan, develop and deliver a high level of programming at each event
• Maintain an inventory of supplies and manage vendors for timely orders of new event supply needs
• Develop graphics or work with outside contractors to develop graphics
• Update event websites, reservation platforms, and other event technologies
• Develop and implement social media strategies
• Explore and evaluate tools to improve the event experience
• Manage and support other smaller events, activities, and projects
• Coordinate with the Director of Finance on expenditures and budgeting
• Provide a written Friday update to the Vice President of Partnerships and Program Development on weekly progress
• Participate in Anti-Bias/Anti-Racism Training
• Other duties as may be assigned by the Vice President of Partnerships and Program Development.
What skills and tools will be utilized in this role?
• Excellent written and oral communication skills to interact within the organization, with partner organizations, with external professionals and other stakeholders
• Ability to work independently, along with a strong ability to work with teams
• Ability to prepare and maintain project budgets
• Ability to communicate the scope of work to vendors and negotiate contracts
• The confidence to represent Cortex, Startup Connection and InvestMidwest in public forums and private meetings
• Ability to develop over-arching strategy and planning, in addition to having a strong focus on details
• A temperament for rolling-up your sleeves and doing what it takes to get the job done
• Be able to jump in and address a problem
• Working knowledge of MS Office required; experience with graphics programs preferred
• An interest in the startup community
• A passion for an impactful mission
• The ability to maintain a sense of humor at all times.
To be discussed.